Sunday, March 11, 2018

They'll Be Right Back: SOL Day 11




For the month of March, I'll be writing with all you in the Slice of Life community.  Disclaimer:  I'll be writing every day so the writing will be raw and a bit messy most days.

This morning I was at a loss for what to write.  I decided to click on a few slices to find inspiration, and the first one I picked was See, Think, Notice, and Realize by Ms. Chiubooka Writes, and I had found my inspiration! 

I see... bags of clothing in white trash bags that my daughter left sitting in my office before going back off to college.  I've left them right where she left them in January.  

I see... our adored cat laying on top of the bags.

I wonder.... why they're still sitting here when I am a bit of a neatnik. 

I wonder... why I am not in the least bit bothered by the bags sitting in my office?

I wonder... does our cat miss the girls as much as I do? 

I realize... seeing these bags reminds me the girls will be right back and cat misses them too! 

Thank you, Ms. Chiubooka not only for your writing inspiration but also for what came of my writing today.  Now, when I look at those white trash bags filled with clothes sitting in my office, I am going to smile.  I'll be reminded that my daughters will be right back! 

4 comments:

  1. I love this! It's funny how random little things make us think of our loved ones. :-) ~JudyK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea, and may borrow it also sometime this month. And I can so relate to children who leave bags of clothes behind. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWW. Your post got me thinking about all the ways I try to hang on to little pieces of each of my kids' younger years as they get older - the bags of baby clothes, old toys, boxes of artwork... I'm going to need a storage unit pretty soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my head, I'm the tidiest person around. Clutter bothers me. However, my home office is a cluttered mess. Not dirty, just not as tidy as I want it to be!

    ReplyDelete